CNM at the Races

by Daniel Teo, CARE

On August 25, a team from CNM took part in RunNUS 2013. The team comprised CNM teaching assistants and graduate students, and research assistants from CARE.

The CNM runners took part in either the 5km fun race or the 10km competitive race.

About the run, Miguel Sánchez, a visiting Mexican PhD student said: “It was a fun and interesting bonding experience.

Abdul Rahman, who currently works at CARE, was also a former CNM student. “It was cool to come back as alumni,” said Rahman. “I’m happy I got to give back to the NUS community.” Net proceeds from RunNUS will be channelled to University-wide bursaries which support needy students.

CNM graduate student Pauline Luk was on the organising committee of RunNUS 2013 and was a driving force in pulling the event together. She was also the only PhD student on the organising committee.

“It was an excellent experience and I got to work with a great team. I really enjoyed working with the undergraduates.” Pauline said. “I’m also happy that the runners gave lots of positive feedback about the event.”

(L to R) Gayatheri Manikam, Miguel Sánchez, Daniel Teo, Abdul Rahman, Sarah Comer, Satveer Kaur, Pauline Luk, Ahmed Khan. (Photo credit: RunNUS)

About Gulizar Haciyakupoglu

A PhD Candidate at Communications & New Media Programme, Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences
Bookmark the permalink.