2 CNM winners at the FASS Teaching Excellence Awards

CNM scored another haul at this year’s FASS Teaching Excellence Awards (FTEA). Both Dr Ingrid Hoofd and Mr Gui Kai Chong were recognised at the Faculty-level to be awarded the FTEA.

Dr Ingrid Hoofd, three-time winner of the FTEA

Of course it helped that both are excellent teachers who have been conferred with other awards on previous occasions.

This is the third time that Dr Hoofd (left) has won the FTEA (she has won it in 2008 and 2010). She also received a CNM teaching award in 2009 and the University-level Annual Teaching Excellence Award (ATEA) in 2010.

Mr Gui Kai Chong, two-time winner of the FTEA

Mr Gui (right) won the FTEA in 2010 and the CNM teaching award in 2011.

Both Dr Hoofd and Mr Gui credit the supportive environment within the department. Said Dr Hoofd, “The general atmosphere of collegiality in CNM has certainly contributed to my passion for teaching!” Mr Gui echoed, “I am very grateful to the department for nominating me for this award, the Faculty for presenting this award to me and to my great colleagues who make CNM such a wonderful place to work in.”

Mr Gui added, “Teaching CNM students as well as students from other departments in NUS about ‘Theories of Communications and New Media’ and ‘Culture Industries’ has been a truly joyful and memorable experience. I feel encouraged when I see students complete my modules with very high morale, because it means that they have enjoyed the whole learning process and have found the modules useful and enriching.”

Mr Gui and Dr Hoofd were presented with award certificates

Mr Gui and Dr Hoofd were presented with award certificates at a FASS ceremony

Heartiest congratulations to both!

Bookmark the permalink.