With the NUS Bulletin iOS app, you can now read brief synopses of each module offered at NUS while on the go. You can search the NUS Bulletin by keywords or module codes. This app is free, and it can be used via WiFi and 3G.
Getting started is easy. Just download the app, establish a connection and you are on your way.
The NUS IVLE Communities iOS app allows you to access IVLE communities on the go. With the app, you can check urgent announcements, email community members, read and reply forum posts, view files in the workbin and access weblinks added by community members. You can also manage your community membership, or search and join communities that you are interested in.
You can do it all using your NUSNET user ID and password. Getting started is easy. Just download the app, establish the connection and you are on your way. Please let the IVLE team know about your experience using the IVLE Communities app.
You can now record audio messages directly in IVLE Discussion Forums. This is useful especially in language courses or other courses which require audio input or feedback.
Record an audio message in the discussion forum
You will need:
- A microphone (internal or external) attached to your computer
- Microsoft Silverlight (available for Windows and Mac)
In any discussion forum, create or reply to a topic. Then:
- Click Record a message.
- A pop-up window will appear with the recording controls. If you have not installed Silverlight, you will be prompted to do so.
- Click the Record button. Start your audio message.
- Click the Stop button.
- Click Play if you want to review your audio message.
- Click OK to save and attach the message to your forum post.
The Record a message button turns into a Play message button. You can still delete the audio message before posting.
Readers will see a Play Audio Message link in your forum post.
CIT has launched an application programming interface that allows you to tap into the inner workings of IVLE.
This will enable you to customise IVLE to suit your preferences. Take advantage of this, and build web and mobile applications. Start personalising your IVLE experience!
The IVLE Learning API (LAPI) key is now available on request. In IVLE, go to Profile on the horizontal menu, click LAPI Key, then Request LAPI Key.
For additional information, please visit the LAPI website.
Get the latest version of the NUS IVLE iPhone App at the iTunes App Store.
New in Version 2.0
- Local notification on new items for each module
- Viewing of Webcast lecture videos
- Read/unread indicator for workbin, announcement, forum and webcast
- Pinch and zoom for workbin files
- Support for iPad
- Support for all orientations
- Access to NUS Library mLINC
NUS IVLE iPhone App 2.0 - Download it now.