Edublogger Laura Walker offers nine reasons:
- Together we are better
- Global or local, you choose
- Self-awareness and reflective practice
- Ideas workshop and sounding board
- Newsroom and innovation showcase
- Professional development and critical friends
- Quality-assured searching
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
- Getting with the times has never been so easy!
In Laura's post (via Jane's E-Learning Pick of the Day), she quotes @melaniemcbride: “Following smart people on Twitter is like a mental shot of expresso”.
Indeed, the quality of your Twitter experience can vary widely depending on who you follow. That's an implicit prerequisite which can make or break your Twitter experience.
Here are a few NUS tweeple (twitter people) to follow:
Do you know any other NUS staff who Twitter?
NUS librarian Aaron Tay runs a very informative blog called Musing about librarianship. Besides musing, Aaron shares about technology and how the latest developments on the web can be employed by library users.
Besides blogging, Aaron twitters too. Looking at his updates, you wonder when the man goes to sleep!
I stumbled on the NUS Career Center's YouTube channel yesterday. Their channel is a combination of an audio podcast (those are indicated with the NUS Career centre graphic) and on-the-ground coverage of NUS Career Fair 2009.
This is the second self-started YouTube channel by an NUS department. NUS Libraries was the first department to foray into YouTube.
Besides these departmental channels, NUS also has an official channel on YouTube.
Check them out!
Video conferencing enables Temple University-NUS SAGE Certification Programme Lectures
- PR5302 and PR5303 conducted via video conference
- Programmes part of Temple University-NUS SAGE Certification Programme and MSc (Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technology)
- Inaugural live lecture conducted on Sat 17 Jan 2009
- “The video conference lectures have been amazing.”
Buzz about BuzzEd
- First-ever eLearning seminar in NUS - BuzzEd: eLearning possibilities illuminated
- Educators and vendors covered various aspects of educational technology
- Many attendees want BuzzEd to be an annual affair and to hear more from teaching peers
Dr Low Hong Tong - Living with Fluids, Working with Wikis
- Dr Low Hong Tong uses wiki project for introductory module on fluid dynamics
- students work in groups developing informational wiki about diseases involving blood flow
- wiki history helps to track contributions, which is taken into account for marking
CIT online publications revamp
- Move to consolidate CIT’s online publications, which spread over several sites
- CITations online publication incorporating CIT updates, IDEAS newsletter and an Educational Technology blog
- CIT System Updates separate so that important system messages