You can now record audio messages directly in IVLE Discussion Forums. This is useful especially in language courses or other courses which require audio input or feedback.
You will need:
- A microphone (internal or external) attached to your computer
- Microsoft Silverlight (available for Windows and Mac)
In any discussion forum, create or reply to a topic. Then:
- Click Record a message.
- A pop-up window will appear with the recording controls. If you have not installed Silverlight, you will be prompted to do so.
- Click the Record button. Start your audio message.
- Click the Stop button.
- Click Play if you want to review your audio message.
- Click OK to save and attach the message to your forum post.
The Record a message button turns into a Play message button. You can still delete the audio message before posting.
Readers will see a Play Audio Message link in your forum post.