Over the past six years, NGS has grown into a vibrant and diverse community of budding scholars, with 440 students and alumni representing 15 countries of origin! And many of our students and graduates are amazing photographers! Send us a photo that depicts the culture of another country. Write a caption of no more than 30 words, highlighting the uniqueness of this country.
- There is no limit to the number of entries. But each person can only win once per competition.
- The photographer must be a current NGS student or alumni.
- The longest edge of the photo should be at least 1200 pixels.
- Minimal digital post-processing (eg. brightness/contrast/sharpness). Heavily manipulated images will be disqualified.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Violators will be sent back to GS5001.
Closing date of submission: November 19, 2009. Email entries to Elissa (firstname.lastname@example.org). Three winners will be selected and winning photos will be published in the next issue of the newsletter!
*Photo above by Sebastian Ku ‘09.